Yummy Mummy Day Spa Safety Plan
(Updated 25th February 2022)
We’ve put together a Safety Plan to ensure the safety of our staff and clients. We appreciate your support in honoring these guidelines when visiting the spa.
- Wearing a face mask is no longer mandatory. However, clients may choose to wear a face if they would like to do so. In the interest of our team and clients safety, our therapists will be wearing a mask at all times in the spa.
- Check-in is no longer required. However, the Service NSW QR will still be available if anyone would still like to check-in when visiting the spa.
- We encourage clients to come alone to limit the number of people in our spa. Our main priority is maintaining a safe environment for our clients and therapists.
- Hands should be sanitised or washed on arrival. Clients will have easy access to sanitiser and a hand wash station.
- Therapists will thoroughly wash hands pre, during and post treatment.
- Each treatment room will only have one therapist and one client at a time.
- We encourage you to make payments by card.
- Please reschedule if you are unwell. Even the common cold or flu may put us out of action again so please stay home and get some rest.
Bookings are preferred as we will most likely not have room for walk-ins, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us at (02) 9665 6772. You can alsoclick here to book online.
- Yummy Mummy Day Spa has the right to refuse service to anyone who is unwell. If you have recently been overseas or have visited a covid-19 case location, please make sure you have tested negative before visiting our spa and have undergone quarantine if necessary.
Further Safety Measures:
- Our team has undergone training on cleaning expectations, physical distancing and what to do if unwell.
- Treatment rooms will be cleaned thoroughly. We will be changing the linen, towels, wipe down surfaces and door handles with disinfectant between each client. We will also ensure that the eftpos machine as well as door handles and surfaces throughout the spa are disinfected between clients.
- Ipads, magazines and testers have been removed from the waiting area.
- We will be keeping a record of all clients, staff or anyone who visits the premises.
- We will have clearly displayed conditions of entry in our entrance, website and social media.